Mastercam Training and Verisurf Training Solutions
QTE's Training Philosophy
We provide you and your team with specific curriculum designed by our internal experts and experienced machinists. Our Mastercam training and Verisurf training programs are designed for you to learn the core concepts through live instruction, student exercises, and proficiency tests. Upon completion of our classes, students have been exposed to the broad curriculum to see the full process but given ample opportunity to perform detail tasks to return to work and increase productivity. Our classes are taught in state of the art facilities with new equipment and resources to ensure a positive distraction free learning environment. We are confident in our student's success, and we offer a guarantee on our training.
Mastercam All-Inclusive Training Program (MAIT)
QTE is committed to igniting American manufacturing and as a result we have created the Mastercam All-Inclusive Training Program. Many of our customers are dealing with the skills gap and struggling to find talent to keep their machines running efficiently. With the MAIT, companies are able to enroll any employees, to any scheduled training classes, in any of our locations! This is an industry first! If you hire new employees or want to cycle different people through the class, they are all eligible under this program!
TRAINING DELIVERY METHODS
- Regularly scheduled open enrollment training classes held at QTE training facilities.
- Private training classes at QTE training facilities with standard curriculum.
- Private training classes held at customer facilities with standard curriculum.
- Custom developed training solutions and services to meet your specific needs.
- Live - Instructor led Virtual Training
The classes described here are part of our regularly scheduled training series. We offer training for Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS, Mastercam Wire, and Verisurf Inspection by request. We also offer customized training to meet your needs.
MASTERCAM MILL 2D
Mill 2D Class Overview
This 3-day hands on course is delivered live in one of the QTE training facilities or virtual. It is the base level class for our Mastercam training due to material covered regarding the Mastercam interface, general drawing and modeling techniques and a deeper discussion of Mastercam and machining basics. The focus is on manipulation of geometry and generation of 2D mill toolpaths.
Students are given the fundamentals to return to work and be able to program related parts effectively. At the end of the class students are given a skills test that comprehensively covers the lessons of the class.
Mill 2D Class Details
- Mastercam environment overview
- Mastercam programming and machining process overview
- Basic 2D CAD geometry functions
- Import CAD drawings and models
- Job setup techniques using WCS
- Application of 2D Toolpaths:
- Dynamic Motion and traditional toolpaths
- Drilling operations
- Geometry Analyze and Verification
- Toolpath Verification
- Feature Based Machining Toolpaths
- Toolpath Editing
- Machining of Solids
Solids Class Overview
This 1-day hands-on course is delivered live in one of the QTE training facilities or virtual. This class focuses on the Mastercam geometry techniques including, 3D wireframe, solid modeling, and solid model prep for machining. This class is designed to present students with modeling skills need to pass the Mastercam Professional Certification test. The students must have passed the 2D Mill Machining skills test to attend. It is also recommended that the student has spent several weeks using Mastercam to create geometry.
Solids Class Details
- Solids from 2D Geometry
- Applied Solids Features
- 3D Wireframe
- Planes Review
- Revolved Solids
- Solids Sweep
- Solids Loft
- Solids Boolean Operations
- Solids Model Prep for Machining
- Solids Layout and Drafting
MASTERCAM ADVANCED MILL 2D
Advanced Mill 2D Class Overview
This 2-day hands on course is delivered live in one of the QTE training facilities or virtual and covers specialty functions that will make a Mastercam user exceptional. The goal of the lessons are to provide the specialized experience to allow a student to be able to become a Mastercam Certified Professional.
Pre-requisites include Mastercam 2D Mill Machining and actual experience using Mastercam in industry.
Advanced Mill 2D Class Details
- WCS Refresher
- Plane creation and utilization
- Efficient use of levels
- View Sheets
- Adding fixtures, vises, and other visual displays
- Use of Dynamic toolpaths and proven theory
- Introduction to Machine Simulation
- 4x indexing programming and 3+2 5x machining
- Horizontal machining overview
- Mastercam Tool Manager
- Single surface 3D Machining
- Solid model preparation tools
- Nesting tools
- Detailed Operations Manager functions
MASTERCAM MILL 3D
Mill 3D Class Overview
This 2-day hands on course is delivered live in one of the QTE training facilities or virtual. The focus is on the proper selection and parameter definition of the different 3D toolpaths. Focus is on 3D geometry preparation, manipulation and creation of 3D toolpaths. Students of Mastercam or Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS may attend this class.
Pre-requisite: Mastercam Mill 2D training class
Mill 3D Class Details
- Manipulating Imported Surface / Solids Models
- Stock Model Usage
- Solid Model Import
- 3D Toolpath Selection and Application
- The use of Tool Boundaries
- Specialized Toolpaths
- 3D Toolpath Editing
Multi-Axis Class Overview
This 2-day hands on course is designed to provide the fundamental knowledge necessary to use Mastercam 4 & 5 Axis toolpaths. Students are expected to have strong working knowledge of Mill 2D and 3D programming to expand their skills into 5 axis programming. We will work through examples and discuss 5 axis programming theory and the various applications. Discussion and demonstrations of when to use different parameters and toolpaths is a main focus.
Multi-Axis Class Details
- Understand and utilize 4/5 axis positional programming (Indexing or Tombstone)
- Understand and apply Axis Substitution for 4 Axis Machining
- Classic Mastercam 5 axis toolpaths
- Wireframe 5 axis toolpaths
- Surface/Solid 5 axis toolpaths
- Drill 5 axis
- Circle Mill 5 axis
- Cavity Tilt Curve
Lathe Class Overview
This is a 2-day hands on course designed to provide the fundamental knowledge necessary to use Mastercam Lathe efficiently. Focus is on manipulation of geometry and generation of Lathe toolpaths. This class picks up from where the Mill 2D Machining class stops, which is where we cover the Mastercam interface, toolpath basics, modeling/geometry tools, and general machining parameters.
Lathe Class Details
- Creation of Two Dimensional Geometry for Lathe Applications
- Understand Basic Job Set-Up
- Select Stock
- Machine/ Control Definition
- Additional 2D Geometry Creation
- Select Material Library for Speeds and Feeds
- How to Apply Roughing, Finishing, Grooving, Threading and Cut-Off Toolpaths
- Chucking Applications
- Apply Bar Feed Applications
- Stock Advance
- Stock Flipping
- Shaft and Tailstock Applications
- Stock Transfer from One Spindle to Another
- Saving Tool Path Operations
MASTERCAM ADVANCED LATHE
Advanced Lathe Class Overview
This on demand web-based course is designed to provide the advanced knowledge necessary to use Mastercam Lathe efficiently. You will have access to prerecorded video that focuses on manipulation of geometry and generation of advanced Lathe toolpaths. C and Y axis programming, Layouts, Planes, Mill-Turn (Single Stream) and more. This class picks up from where the Lathe Machining class stops, which is where we cover the Mastercam interface, lathe toolpath basics, modeling/geometry tools, and general machining parameters.
Advanced Lathe Class Details
This is on demand training delivered by a QTE Manufacturing Solutions industry expert. You will have access to the online lessons for 5 weeks after registration. During that time you will have access to live remote assistance from our of our experts.
This class is only available to QTE MAIT program subscribers. Learn more about MAIT.
- C-Y Lathes
- Live Tooling
- C Axis
- Single stream Mill-Turn programming
- B Axis Head
- Tool Changer
- Indexable turning tools
- Upper turret / B spindle
- Lower with or without live tooling
- Main spindle
- Sub spindle
- Lathe and mill toolpaths
- Use Dynamic toolpaths
- Face Dynamic
- OD Dynamic
- Introduction to plane layouts
- Types of operations, stock transfer, pickoff, pickoff-pull-partoff, tailstock advance
Wire Class Overview
This 1-day hands on course is designed to provide the fundamental knowledge necessary to use Mastercam Wire efficiently. Focus is on manipulation of geometry and generation of Wire EDM toolpaths including 4-axis and taper toolpaths. Students are expected to be knowledgeable of wire machining principles and be comfortable with the Mastercam interface.
Wire Class Details
- 2D Geometry Contour
- 2D Multi Contour
- 3D Geometry and 4-Axis Wirepath
- Punch and Die Created From the Same Work Piece
- Multiple Tabs
- No Core Wirepath
Verisurf Inspection Class Overview
This 2-day hands on course is designed to provide the core training to utilize the 3 step inspection process of Align, Inspect, Report within Verisurf. Participants will be led by live instruction and complete exercises to solidify the concepts taught. Participants are given opportunities to inspect their own parts or utilize our sample parts within the exercises. Classes are scheduled on a per company basis due the nature of inspection and the related equipment necessary for properly training students. We strongly recommend limiting two participates to an inspection device to provide adequate time for the lab exercises.
A one day add-on course is available for the Verisurf Reverse engineering module. Please contact us for more details
Verisurf Inspection Class Details
- Device/Software basics
- Auto alignment
- Inspecting to a CAD model
- Inspecting to a print
- Reporting - creating and generating reports
- All lessons are hands-on and include student exercises