Mastercam’s own website has invaluable resources with regards to off the cuff questions and solutions that most of our customers use on a daily basis. However, some of you may not know HOW to link your account to Mastercam. This is the next Tech Question we will cover! Keep reading to find out the technique we use to make sure our customers can accomplish this goal:
The registration and linking process ensures that only Mastercam customers receive the benefits of Mastercam.com’s value-added content such as the Mastercam Forums and Knowledgebase. To register and link, please use the steps below:
- Launch your web browser and navigate to mastercam.com or just click this link: mastercam.com .
- Click on the Register link in the upper right corner of the Mastercam.com landing page.
- When the Create your account page is displayed, enter the required information and then click the Create Account button on the bottom of the page.
- You should now see a message that your account was created successfully and an email has been sent to you with validation instructions. The email sent address will firstname.lastname@example.org, so if you do not see the email in your inbox please check your spam and junk folders. This activation email will also include your login name that was generated automatically.
- To validate your account, follow the instruction in the email you received.
- Once your account is validated, login using your new ID and the password you created during registration. You will be prompted to link your account with your Mastercam SIM. To link your account properly you must download and run the linking program to a computer that has Mastercam installed and running. If you have Mastercam X7, simply download the linking code generator and copy it into your main Mastercam folder (C:\program files\mcamx7 on most systems) and then run the linker from there. If you have an older version of Mastercam you will also need to download and install CodeMeter. CodeMeter is already installed with Mastercam X7. The linking program and the CodeMeter downloads can be found here: https://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Support-Downloads-Drivers-and-Applets.
Once you have generated a linking code, copy the Linking code into the Account Link Code: edit field and click the link my account button. If the computer running Mastercam does not have access to the internet, then save the code generated to a text file and then you can finish this process on another computer by just cutting and pasting the linking code from the saved text file into the dialog shown below.
- Once your account has been linked successfully, you should now have access to customer-only portions of the website, including the latest downloads, Mastercam Forum, and Knowledge base. Please note that you MUST have current maintenance to run the latest Mastercam. If you are having problems registering or linking please email email@example.com.
- Problem: User receives error message “The program can’t start because WIBUCM32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” when running MastercamDotComLinking.exe.
Solution: Wibu CodeMeter is not installed on the system attempting to generate the linking code. This is installed by default on Mastercam X7 and later but is not included with previously release versions. The installation can be found on https://cnc.mastercam.com/en-us/Support-Downloads-Drivers-and-Applets. Be sure to select the correct OS-specific version (32- or 64-bit.)
- Problem: User running a NetHASP cannot generate a linking code using MastercamDotComLinking.exe.
Solution: Users that require the use of nethasp.ini will not be able to generate a linking code for Mastercam.com if MastercamDotComLinking.exe is not run from the root directory of the Mastercam installation, which is C:\program files\mcamx? (? Denotes version of Mastercam X being used to generate the code). To solve this:
- Download MastercamDotComLinking.exe from https://cnc.mastercam.com/en-us/Support-Downloads-Drivers-and-Applets.
- Place the executable in the root directory of the Mastercam installation.
- Run MastercamDotComLinking.exe from this location. The linking code should be generated successfully.
Thanks for taking a moment to explore common tech questions with us at QTE. Don’t forget to stop by our training landing page, https://qtemfgsolution.wpengine.com/training/ to see what kind of training would be best for your Implementation. Also remember, you can always contact us with additional questions or concerns through our website or a direct call!
Check back in next week when we feature another of our Top 10 Tech Questions to help you run more efficiently!